We had finished painting a few pictures and there was still what looked like a completely untouched palette of various colours. So, instead of just washing this up and wasting the paint, I decided to use the paints and see what happened.
Each stage was completely improvised with no previous idea of any structure or even use of tools. The end of a paint brush was first used to cut across the individual colours then the blending got stronger. I used the straight edge of a spirit level to get the smeared effects and raised and lowered it as I drew it across the page.
I then added another piece of A3 paper to extend the image – maybe 1 step too far for the final product but it was fun to try out something i’ve never attempted before : )