Protected: DIY weekend…

This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Advertisements

Bathroom progress…

It’s been a good weekend for the house…it’s getting towards the final bathroom details and it’s starting to look how we want it.

We’re still waiting for the shower pole fixing to arrive and hopefully that’ll get here soon. Once it does, we can start using the bathroom for real! The blind has been fixed up and looks good and creates a nice softer light which works well with the wall colours.

Claire also cut a piece of opaque film for the lower part of the window – still lets light in but cuts views!

I also cut and nailed up the arcitrave around bathroom side of the door frame which helps to finish off that area. Just have to varnish the door and paint the arcitrave and skirting.

10 pieces of the skirting were cut yesterday, with 3 left, which I finished today. These were also fixed onto the walls with No More Nails and wood glue for the corner joins. Pretty tight fit and the angle tool worked well.

Since 15 plasterboards fell on me while I was doing the front bedroom (!!), and since we all fell onto the angle saw, it hasn’t been the same (my leg is fine now though)! So, i’ve gone back to basics and cut everything like this by hand.

out

Bathroom DYI progress…

Some good progress in the bathroom and also the living room.

The ceiling and walls have all had a single coat which evens out the various colours of the base walls, either plaster or plasterboards. I’ve also cut the alcitrave  for around the window frame which defines the edges of the window and provides some extra relief, to what was a very flat surface since plastering. Now it’s ready for the coloured top coats and the skirting boards.

Also just fitted the new door for the under-stairs cupboard which makes a massive difference to the space. Still have to put the handles on to match the main door and the arcitrave but it’s all moving forwards again!

out