Shower fixing…

The epic saga of the search for the final piece of the shower continues…

We just need a fixing bracket to fix the shower riser pole to the wall, as the weight of the pole, water and shower head makes the whole thing lean forward a bit!

Anyway, on Friday, Claire at moi embarked on the voyage of discovery around Gloucester, while Claire’s Mum kindly looked after the boys! We tried Plumb Centre, Homebase, Focus Do It All and finally Dun Elm. We’re all a bit ill at the moment and quite tired as well so by the time we got to Dun Elm we had to crash out and have cake and coffee! Anyway, we think a curtain pole bracket will work and it’s the closest thing we’ve found so far.

Next step is to contact the manufacturer and see if they have anything. On a more positive notw, I managed to give the ceiling another coat today and i’ll go to B&Q tomorrow to get a new door, hinges, arcitrave, door handle and white paint. Nice.



Bathroom DYI progress…

Some good progress in the bathroom and also the living room.

The ceiling and walls have all had a single coat which evens out the various colours of the base walls, either plaster or plasterboards. I’ve also cut the alcitrave  for around the window frame which defines the edges of the window and provides some extra relief, to what was a very flat surface since plastering. Now it’s ready for the coloured top coats and the skirting boards.

Also just fitted the new door for the under-stairs cupboard which makes a massive difference to the space. Still have to put the handles on to match the main door and the arcitrave but it’s all moving forwards again!


Bathroom progress…

Mucho progress on the bathroom tiling this weekend, well, maybe not mucho, but i’m over halfway through the shower tiling and now have a smoother, dare I say it, semi-prfessional cutting and grouting system in operation!

Ok, maybe not semi-professional, and it’s getting done sloooooooowly.

Also just went to my favourite shop and bought a Christmas tree, which we just decorated today and which looks really good. The stockings are also up and ready for the fat, drunk man in red and white to deposit the goods.


Shelves & Big Gold Buddha…

Good weekend – got a lot done and now have all our books up on our new shelves! It’s cleared a lot of space from the floor (where the boxes were) and it’s really good for Jamie to have easy access to his books – he’s already started taking books off and sitting down to read through them.

I took the boys out on Saturday morning for 2.5 hours (prob the longest i’ve been out with them so far!), and went to St. James’ Park and the City Farm. This also gave Claire a chance to get through some NCT work and design the new logo for the Gloucester Little Bundles charity.

Claire also re-planted the front garden and took out the last of the Sunflowers! Also pruned back all the bushy plants ready for Winter + she painted the shelves which i’d fixed up with primer then two coats of the same paint we used on the walls then a coat of eco varnish.

And finally, after more than 4 years, we’ve fixed the Buddha onto the wall (after a trip to B&Q for angle brackets). It looks amazing on the chimney breast and you can barely see the bottom brackets.

Various images of the new shelves and Buddha!

Next is the fixing of the bathroom floor, ready for the new floor to go down on Tuesday, now that the plumbing has been finished ‘below floor’.