Day 023…

Razor wire shift: a sequence of images moving along a triple band of security wire at a popular DIY shop. Also a dazzling sun image thrown in to show the clarity of the sky today.

Razor wire 04.06.13 - 4 Razor wire 04.06.13 - 5 Razor wire 04.06.13 - 6 Razor wire 04.06.13 - 1


New kitchen worktop…!

We’ve jumped into the DYI in a big way over the last 2 weeks and have now replaced one side of the kitchen worktop with a new, Buck Rogers style, white worktop!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

The gas hob was slightly tricky to finish, but nothing we haven’t tackled before. It involved¬†going to B&Q twice, the first time Claire cycled over there to get a few pieces (such as PFE tape, connectors and a bendy hose), then I went back later to buy another connector and new tape measure and jigsaw blades.

I also fitted a baton under the worktop to support it where there are no units to support it. We’ve gained about 50cms of worktop which makes a good difference and the overall brightness of the space has improved.

Well worth £35 for each side of the kitchen.


Protected: DIY weekend…

This content is password protected. To view it please enter your password below:

Boys dado DIY & games…

After the activity packed Monday, we had a more chilled out day. The main things were some DIY work and trains!

We’re taking the opportunity to get the hallway, stairs and landing sorted out, at the same time as the render work is happening, so part of this was to remove the dado rails. These are thicker than either the skirting or architrave around the doors, so stuck out slightly. We’ve been wanting to get these off since we moved in!

So, the boys helped me get them all off, plus the length of skirting in the hallway, which we suspected was rotten in parts. They loved helping with this and seemed to really enjoy being useful and helping daddy. They did a good job and we got all the rails off. That didn’t take too long but cleaning up did!

There’s going to be some re-plastering to do in places (particularly where there was a large radiator in the hallway which has dried out the plaster behind it), and the painting. Once this is done, we’ll carpet the stairs and hallway/landing.