‘Rainbow Scrape’ – start to finish…

We had finished painting a few pictures and there was still what looked like a completely untouched palette of various colours. So, instead of just washing this up and wasting the paint, I decided to use the paints and see what happened.

Each stage was completely improvised with no previous idea of any structure or even use of tools. The end of a paint brush was first used to cut across the individual colours then the blending got stronger. I used the straight edge of a spirit level to get the smeared effects and raised and lowered it as I drew it across the page.

I then added another piece of A3 paper to extend the image – maybe 1 step too far for the final product but it was fun to try out something i’ve never attempted before : )

out

Advertisements

Bay window done…

Bay window repairs and re-painting done and it’s now ready for the gravel around it, which we’ll then put pots on top of, with plants in them.

I also changed the wheel on the wheelbarrow with a more solid one, which apparently won’t ever go down!

out